SPAR Calabar to Reopen Monday After Fire Incident, Says No Injuries Recorded

SPAR Market Nigeria has confirmed that a fire incident occurred at the Calabar Mall housing its store in the early hours of Saturday, August 22, 2026.
Share it:

SPAR Market Nigeria has confirmed that a fire incident occurred at the Calabar Mall housing its store in the early hours of Saturday, August 22, 2026.

In a statement, the company said the fire was contained by the mall management with the support of the fire service, adding that no life was lost and no injuries were reported. 

SPAR said its immediate priority remains the safety of customers, workers and the surrounding community, while teams are assessing the affected area and carrying out necessary safety checks.

The company added that it is working with the mall management and relevant authorities to establish the circumstances surrounding the incident and address all safety requirements.

Subject to the completion of the safety checks, SPAR Calabar is expected to reopen to customers on Monday, August 24, 2026. The reopening plan was also reflected in the company's public update. 

The fire incident had earlier attracted significant attention in Calabar after flames and thick smoke were seen coming from sections of the popular shopping complex. 
Share it:

Calabar

Cross River State

Metro

Post A Comment: